A look at the most Tweeted about topics during the annual event offers a fascinating glimpse at what got gaming fans most excited.
- Nintendo (@Nintendo)
- Xbox (@Xbox)
- Super Smash Bros. (#SuperSmashBros)
- Fallout (@Fallout)
- Playstation (@PlayStation)
- Kingdom Hearts (@KINGDOMHEARTS)
- Ubisoft (@Ubisoft)
- Elder Scrolls (@ElderScrolls)
- Death Stranding (#DEATHSTRANDING)
- Fortnite (@FortniteGame)
These were the most Tweeted about newly-announced games:
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Kingdom Hearts 3
- Fallout 76
- The Last of Us 2
- Death Stranding
These were the moments that generated the most conversation on Twitter:
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate release date is announced
- Ridley announced as newest character added to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Elder Scrolls VI trailer is revealed at @Bethesda press conference
I felt Microsoft’s conference was the most compelling, but this is pretty neat.
I’m curious to see how Nintendo handles social for Smash Bros. Ultimate. Social is Nintendo’s Achilles heel. I’m not sure how great Twitter is as a global barometer, but I think this is good motivation for Nintendo to double-down on it as a focus.