This might be my favorite Game Boy Advance color palette yet! Initially, I attempted to use a shell by RetroSix, but was disappointed by the display mounting solution and bad branding. Thankfully, I was able to track down a (sold out) light blue FunnyPlaying shell — the preferred shell of most modders — which also fits the FunnyPlaying glass nicely.
The logic board came from an AGB-001 — the first run of GBAs produced in 2001. It was in extremely good condition, save a dirty power switch which prevented it from powering on, and a defective right-shoulder button. I believe this is the first AGB-001 unit I’d worked on.
Here’s a breakdown of the full mod:
- New IPS LCD w/ brightness controls (select + L/R) by FunnyPlaying
- New speaker by FunnyPlaying
- Shell by FunnyPlaying
- Buttons by FunnyPlaying
- Buttons by RetroSix
- Silicone Pads by Funnyplaying
- White power LED mod
- New glass screen
- New stock capacitors
- Power Cleaner Flex by Helder
- One dehum/dehiss capacitor by RetroSix
- Replaced R-shoulder button with salvaged button
- Cleaned power switch